Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob van Gelder[_4_] Rob van Gelder[_4_] is offline

Default forming Ticker-Tape in Status Bar after running web Query

I don't know what you did differently, but the version at my end scrolls and
isn't scrambled.
TickerString = "...eijazs - 1:05 am ....... hzaki - 1:10
am.....saireen - 1:12am........rocka - 1:15 am........jeank - 1:25
am........eijazs - 1:05am...."

"gr8guy" wrote in message
Hi Rob,

A very good morning to you.

The difference is evident. the one which you supplied is located in the
bottom left side of status bar and does not scroll across status bar but
appears a scrambled name. and the one which i provided (javascript),

scrolls
ACROSS the status bar, probably because of the spaces in front and after
text. The need for a scrolling text message is :
1) a scrolling marquee cannot be created in a worksheet itself, as it is

an
array of cells (like a scrolling marquee in a webpage).
2) i need it like that because there would be many agents getting logged
out, so their AgentId & time on which they logged out would reflect in the
scrolling text msg (from left to right, or right to left) across the

status
bar. So I would be able to see (for some time) the no of agents logged out
in the current duration. the ticker-tape would hold variables for suppose

3
agents & run, till further agents get logged out & then the variables

would
automatically be updated with the new AgentIDs & run along status bar. So
probably, if no agents logged out the last agents IDs would show in the
scrolling ticker-tape.

e.g. scrolling like this:
...eijazs - 1:05 am ....... hzaki - 1:10 am.....saireen -
1:12am........rocka - 1:15 am........jeank - 1:25 am........eijazs -
1:05am....

I dont know if its a great or stupid idea, but there should be a

workaround
of creating a code which would find the agents logged out & the
corresponding time they logged out from the refreshing webpage.

I have never dealt with web-queries before & finding it difficult as to

how
to create a code or a work-around which would show the agents logged out.
And right now, i am getting a stupid error when i access the webpage:

"excel
has generated errors and will close the application. a log file has been
created."
Do you know why this is happening?

Is there any way we can workout a codable solution for my problem?

Best Regards,

Eijaz

---