Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob van Gelder[_4_] Rob van Gelder[_4_] is offline

Default forming Ticker-Tape in Status Bar after running web Query

You'll have 4 lists.

1. The webpage list
2. A current copy of the webpage list
3. A copy of the webpage list as it was 15 seconds ago with timestamp
4. A list of all Agents

Copy list 2 to list 3
Copy list 1 to list 2
For all agents in list 2, write status of "logged in" against agent in list
4
For all agents in list 3 minus agents in list 2, write timestamp against
agent in list 4
Refresh ticker string using list 4 agents where agent not "logged in"

You'll need another timer type procedure running in the background which
manipulates the Application.StatusBar text using the ticker string.

"gr8guy" wrote in message

Both of you are not getting what i am trying to do!

I am extracting the tabular data to a worksheet from a webpage which shows
the Agents logged in to our outbound/inbound dailer system. this webpage
refreshes itself in 15 secs. Ok.

Now, after i extract data on a worksheet, i want to also refresh the
worksheet every 15 secs in sync with the webpage. Ok.

Now, the extracted data could be sorted and then matched with a helper
column in the worksheet which would contain the full list of agent ID's in
our Dept.

But, if suppose after 15 secs, one of the agent ID is missing from the
extracted list, the Match would fail and his LAST logged in time and ID

name
(when his ID name appeared last time, 15 secs prior to refresh) should
reflect in the worksheet status bar as a scrolling text or just show up
there for some time. The need for scrolling text is bcos if there are more
than one agents logged out, their names would reflect one after the other

in
the scrolling text.

I know that there would be variables to define & some use of the Timer &
TimeOut event.

Something like this in the status bar:
eijazs - 12:55:03 am......zaki - 12:57:04 am ...etc.
This way i can keep a track of whose logged in and who's logged out,

getting
the agent strength on the floor sitting at one place. No need for me to go
and individually check approx 200 agents on the floor.

Regards,

Eijaz

"Charles" wrote in message
om...
"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message

If you put the data in the worksheet, it can be sorted.

If the list is a list of agents logged in, then you would need a list

of
all
agents and have to make a comparison against this list to determine

who
isn't logged in.

If you want to build a test string of this write code to animate it by
removing a character from one end and adding a character to other,

then
you
can put this information in the status bar. Excel provides no

particular
support for the animation and it would be time intensive - distracting

from
you 15 sec refresh of the data in the web page.

I can't say what you can do with a web page.

Tom Ogilvy

gr8guy wrote in message

I am trying to retrieve data from an external webpage which

refreshes
automatically every 15 secs. It displays the list of agent ID's

logged
in
our system at a particular time.

The webpage shows a data in table format similar to this:

Agent ID TimeOnCall someothercolumns

1) Is it possible to SORT the extracted data on a worksheet OR a

locally
available webpage file on a network drive,

2) Show the AgentID's along with LAST TimeOnCall for that agent who

logged
out, (scrolling or displayed) in the Status Bar of a Worksheet or

webpage,
by which I would come to know that this agent has just logged out &

is
not
working? So that i can approach the agent & ask him to login again.

Any Help would be appreciated!

Thanking you in advance.

Eijaz

---

This is a suggestion. If you know where the logout info is stored in
your system you should be able to (as long as your system is windows
conpatable) write a program to interface with it to look for the
required information and post it to your sreadsheet. But do this with
care.

Hope this gives you some ideals.

Charles

---