Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Is there a way to apply a sliding percentage?

Create a lookup table with the cutoff values in the left column and the
corresponding percentage in the right most. You can then use the vlookup
function to get the percentage based on your selling price. See the help on
Vlookup for details. You would want a sorted table/lookup range.

--
regards,
Tom Ogilvy

biol57 wrote in message

I'm trying to use Excel to calculate final value fees for items we
sell on eBay. For example, eBay charges a sliding percentage, based on
the selling price. For $0-25.00 the percentage is 5.25 %, for $25.01 to
$1000, the percentage is 5.25 % of the first 25.00 and 2.75 % of the
remaining $25.01 to $1000. For sales of $1000.01 or more, eBay charges
5.25% of the first $25.00, 2.75% of $25.01 to $1000 and 1.50% of the
remaining sale over $1000.

I need to know if anyone has a solution that will allow me to put in
the gross sales $ and have the eBay fees calculated.

Thanks in advance !

---