Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default A macro for the today's date...not the current date

Activecell.Value = Format(Date,"dd mmm yyyy")

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"abxy " wrote in message

I know that Ctrl+; will enter the today's date into an activecell.

Anyway that I can make that (Ctrl+;) into a macro or something so that
I can make it a button on the toolbar. and um, btw, using the TODAY
function isn't my answer becuase it always updates to reflect the
current date. I'm keeping records, so it's no use if the dates always
change.

Thanks in advance

---