Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Powlaz Powlaz is offline

Default Data Validation

I asked for help on this before but I'm afraid the answer
was a little over my head. I have a timesheet set up.
If the user enters H or S or V in the very first column
he can not fill in his time card. The time will be
calculated based on the company's standard work day. I
used Data Validation to pop up an Error message if the
person tries.

The problem is, if the user fills in the day's hours
(c4,d4,e4,f4), and then returns to the first cell (b4)he
can enter H, S, or V without affecting the contents of
the other cells (c4-f4).

I need to be able to put a check on b4 so that if, at any
point, when that cell contains an H, S, or V data cannot
be entered into the next 4 cells and if the data is
already there it is erased.

One last thing. These 5 cells represent 1 day of the
week. So I need this method to be something that I can
easily apply to every day of the week. Each week ends in
a 3 row span of "Totals" so the days of the year are not
contiguous.

Any ideas? I tried the sample of code that was provided
last time but it didn't work for me and I don't know how
to troubleshoot it.

Thanks again, you guys have helped me alot.

Matt