Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Davo[_3_] Davo[_3_] is offline

Default Auto Hide

Markus,

Well, I actually have several worksheets and forms I'd like to use this on.

For example, one is a deposit sheet. I write the source names in the first column and then each column to the right represents a different revenue account. There are many accounts, but on any given day, only 5 or so get used so it's nice to hide the unused columns. So I'd like to have a button that would do this automatically.

I also have forms where users fill in the number of rows they need, and then the totals are calculated at the bottom. The problem is, the bottom changes depending on how many rows they need. So I want to put the "sum" formulas way down and then have it hide the rows that aren't used for any given user. Does this make sense?

Thanks for your help.

Davo

----- Markus Grein wrote: -----

"Davo" wrote in message
I want to set up my Excel form so that when the user is finished entering

the data, Excel hides columns/rows that don't have data in them. For
example, if I set it up for 10 rows, but the user only needs 4 rows, they
would hit a button (triggering a macro) and the 6 unused rows would be
hidden (or deleted.)

Hi Davo !

Do you actually want to hide/delete columns/rows that appear on a *form*
(i.e. text fields) or on a *worksheet* ?

cheers,
Markus