Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default formula for stock quote

If you check iteration (check the checkbox) and change the max to 1, you
shouldn't get a circular reference error.

in B1
=if(B1<A1,A1,B1)

Tom Ogilvy

edgarc wrote in message
I want to have my stock quotes updated to show the highest price the
stock has reached. I input the daily stock price in column A and I want
that checked against column B which shows the highest past price. If
the new input in column A is higher, I want that column B changed
automatically to reflect the new higher price. If the input price in
column A is not higher, I want column B to remain the same, reflecting
the older and higher price.
Everything I've tried on my own results in a circular error, even when
I change the number of iterations and their parameters.
Answer to please
Thanks to any in advance
Edgar Coudal

---