Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jasonsweeney[_45_] jasonsweeney[_45_] is offline

Default Parsing out text entries in a text box

Tom,

Thanks for your help. I am still playing around with the code. Can yo
point me in the right direction in parsing out the string fo
particular punctuation? Just a few lines of conde for one punctuatio
mark shoudl get me on the right road.

Again, I need to parse the text so that individual punctuation mark
are counted as "words', or, to be more specific, I need the punctuatio
to parsed out so they occupy their own cell when the text is transpose
into excel cells.

Example 1: [See Spot Sit.] = 6 words, and when transposed needs to loo
like (lets assume cells A1:A6):

A1 See
A2
A3 Spot
A4
A5 Sit
A6 .

Example 2: [I said to him "go yonder."]: 14 words

A1 I
A2
A3 said
A4