Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Otto Moehrbach[_6_] Otto Moehrbach[_6_] is offline

Default Is variable an integer?

Thanks Bob & Jake. My plan is to first test (with IsNumerical) that it is a
valid number, then test for integer. It is supposed to be an integer every
time. Thanks again for your help. Otto
"Otto Moehrbach" wrote in message
Excel 2003, WinXP
My end goal is to test a cell value, via VBA, to see if it is an integer.
The worksheet Mod function works like this:
Mod(D6,1) returns a 0 if D6 is an integer.
The VBA Mod function rounds all numbers first so I can't use that. So I
used:
MsgBox Application.WorksheetFunction.Mod(Range("D6"),1)
I was hoping to get a 0 if D6 is an integer.
I got an error message that said "Object doesn't support this method".
Where did I go wrong? Thanks for your help. Otto