Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Frank Kabel Frank Kabel is offline

Default Is variable an integer?

Hi Otto

just to add to Bob's and Jake' suggestion why your line
MsgBox Application.WorksheetFunction.Mod(Range("D6"),1)
did produce an error.
WorksheetFunction.Mod is not supported as VBA directly implements the
MOD function. So the corret syntax would be:
MsgBox Range("D6").value mod 1

Though the other solutions are definetly better

Frank

Otto Moehrbach wrote:
Excel 2003, WinXP
My end goal is to test a cell value, via VBA, to see if it is an
integer. The worksheet Mod function works like this:
Mod(D6,1) returns a 0 if D6 is an integer.
The VBA Mod function rounds all numbers first so I can't use that.
So I used:
MsgBox Application.WorksheetFunction.Mod(Range("D6"),1)
I was hoping to get a 0 if D6 is an integer.
I got an error message that said "Object doesn't support this

method".
Where did I go wrong? Thanks for your help. Otto