Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Is variable an integer?

Otto,

An alternative

If Range("D6") = Int(Range("D6")) Then
MsgBox "Integer"
Else
MsgBox "Not an integer"

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote in message
Excel 2003, WinXP
My end goal is to test a cell value, via VBA, to see if it is an integer.
The worksheet Mod function works like this:
Mod(D6,1) returns a 0 if D6 is an integer.
The VBA Mod function rounds all numbers first so I can't use that. So I
used:
MsgBox Application.WorksheetFunction.Mod(Range("D6"),1)
I was hoping to get a 0 if D6 is an integer.
I got an error message that said "Object doesn't support this method".
Where did I go wrong? Thanks for your help. Otto