Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jasonsweeney[_40_] jasonsweeney[_40_] is offline

Default Parsing out text entries in a text box

What I want to do is this:

In a user form, I want the user to be able to type a long message in a
text box. After they are done, I want to pull out each word and place
each word in verticle column.

For example, if I typed "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog"
in the text box, Excel would place once word each in cells A1:A9, so A1
would contain the text "The", A2 = [space], A3 = "quick", etc.

Additionally, I want to limit the user's entries to 500 words, with a
"space" between words counting as one word. I want to display the word
count to the user AS they are typing out the message in the user form.

Any ideas?

---