Paul B

Sincy, as you have found out, autofilter does not work when you protect the
sheet, have a look here for a work around

http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html#Protect

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Sincy" wrote in message
I am trying ot use autofilter on serveral worksheet but when i protect it

the
autofilter does not work. I tried to follow the info on the this web site

but
it did not work.

Also i then put it onto Excel 2003 and performed the task, but when i

saved
it again it did not work on 2000. I then saved it on 2003 as a 1997-2002
file, but when i transfered it back to my PC which runs 2000. it did not

work.

Can anyone help?