Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Customized Menu Macro with Argument invoked twice

"Alan" wrote in message
I've created customized Menus which invoke macros, web
links and email.

The menu buttons work properly except for the menu
buttons which contain a macro with an argument. When the
menu button is selected, the macro is invoked twice. If
I remove the argument, the macro is invoked once. I've
tried this with several macros and menu buttons, same
behavior on all of them. This only happens when invoked
from a menu button. How do I include an argument and
prevent the macro from being invoked twice?

Hoiw is the button created and the macro assigned? Show some code.

Also, I'd like to dynamically create/delete my customized
menus at startup/shutdown. Other forum threads discuss
how to do this, but this technique appears to have many
potential pitfalls. Has anybody successfully implemented
this for all cases? My MS Excel book recommends
distributing an *.xlb file with the menu customizations
and request the user creates a shortcut to this file.

I know of no such pitfalls, I do it all the time and it works wonderfully. I
have built myself a table driven routine, so all I have to do is put extra
rows in a worksheet, and I have a new button. Works well.