Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Karen Brown[_2_] Karen Brown[_2_] is offline

Default Help on writing a code to copy and amend lines

I have a document which shows project spend and cost of work done.

The rates are split into weekday, weekday overtime, weekend and weeken
overtime. Overtime is charged when one person works for over 7.5 hour
each day on the same project.

The data that is imported into the document only differentiates betwee
weekday and weekend work.

These show as rate 1 for weekday and rate 2 for weekend work.

Can anyone help me with a code which would take the number of hour
above 7.5 and put them into a new line which was then charged at th
overtime rate?

ie in the sample document attached line 18 shows as 8.5 hours worked o
saturday at rate 2. I would like this to show 7.5 hours on saturday a
rate 2 and then, on the line below, 1 hour at rate 4.

line 25 shows 10 hours on Monday at rate 1 which should split into 7.
hours at rate 1 and 2.5 hours at rate 3.

I am quite experienced at formulas, but new to VBA and macros, so an
help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Attachment filename: charge document.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=43217