Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nikos Yannacopoulos[_5_] Nikos Yannacopoulos[_5_] is offline

Default Can I "compile" VB into an executeable program?

Chuck,

VBA does not produce .exe. What you can do is store all the macros in an
add-in and place it on a shared network drive where all users can access it
from, without each keeping their own copy. This is even more important if
the template is to be saved as different workbooks often, each containing
all the code in the template! Moreover, the add-in approach allows you to do
code modifications, if required, in one place, and available to all users.

HTH,
Nikos

"ChuckM" wrote in message
m...
I've got a bunch of macros in my workbook (500kb). This workbook
will be used as a template for others to use, enter data and run the
macros. Is there a way to compile the VB so that it won't take up so
much space?
thanks
chuck