Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Alert Alert is offline

Default safe protection of sheets and vba

Geo Siggy wrote in message ...
I'm looking for a safe protection of the content of my spreadsheets,
hiding all formulas, some calculation sheets and all vba programming
effectively. Is it enough to protect by choosing the cells (by Format/
Cells/ Protection on) and activate the protection (by Extra/
Protection/ Sheets resp. Workbook). I heard that they are ways to get
to the formulas anyway. For example by transferring it to another Excel
version. And how to protect the vba code efficiently. Maybe somebody
may give me a hint how to make sure that the Excel application can be
given away, without giving away the knowhow of the programming.
Thanx Siggy

The "protect sheet" password and VBA Project password in MS Excel
provides a reasonalble measure of security for everyday use.

However, if somebody is determined to find the password, there are
many options available - for example:

http://www.intertek.org.uk