Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Yogi_Bear_79 Yogi_Bear_79 is offline

Default Revisited: If Cell in row has data then do this: HELP

Tom,

I couldn't accomplish half of the projects without you...a typo is nothing
but a learning tool for me!

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
Sorry for the typo - it is a common typo I make unfortunately.

Tom Ogilvy

Yogi_Bear_79 wrote in message
Thanks..Changing rng to Cells did the trick

"acw" wrote in message
Hi

Try this. If the range F1:F4 has a,b,c,d and G1:G4 has e,f,g,h and

I1:I4
is 1,2,3,4 the output will be
F1:F4 ae, bf, cg, dh and G1:G4 1,2,3,4 and I1:I4 blank.

Tony
Sub bbb()
Dim rng As Range, cell As Range
Set rng = Range(Cells(1, "I"), Cells(Rows.Count, "I").End(xlUp))
For Each cell In rng
If Not IsEmpty(cell) Then
Cells(cell.Row, "F").Value = Cells(cell.Row, "F").Value _
& Cells(cell.Row, "G").Value
Cells(cell.Row, "G").Value = cell
cell.ClearContents
End If
Next

End Sub

----- Yogi_Bear_79 wrote: -----

Code doesn't seemto be working;
At first I thought it was working, then I noticed all it was

doing was
clearing the contents of the cells in column I

When I comment out these two lines nothing happens at all:

cells(rng.row,"G").Value = cell
cell.Clearcontents

Now I fI understood the code corrctly, editing out those two

lines
should
still allow F&G to concatanate. Which they are currently not

Actually,

I've found that it does work sort of:
It concatanates only F1&G1. Funny thing is it does it for as many

cells in
column I that do have data so as an example:

F1 = Hello
G1 = World

Column I has 4 cells that contain data
nowF1 = Hello World World World World

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
Dim rng as Range, cell as Range
set rng = Range(Cells(1,"I"),Cells(rows.count,"I").End(xlup)
for each cell in rng
if not isempty(cell) then
cells(rng.row,"F").Value = cells(rng.row,"F").Value _
& cels(rng.row,"G").Value
cells(rng.row,"G").Value = cell
cell.Clearcontents
end if
Next
This would replace a formula if it is in one of the cells

being
manipulated,
so the assumption is that the cells do not contain formulas.
Tom Ogilvy
"Yogi_Bear_79" wrote in message
If column I has data in it I want Excel to perform the

following.
1. Concatanate the data in the coresponding row column G to

the
end of
the
data in the coresponding row in column F
2. Move the data from column I to the coresponding cell in

the
same row
in
column G