Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
sup191 sup191 is offline

Default time conversion

Here's my problem:

I want to be able to input time as hhmma/p and get hh:mm AM/PM forma
back out. For example, if I need to enter the time 9:34 AM, I woul
key "0934a" and Excel would format the cell as "9:34 AM". The sam
thing for pm only "0934p" would be entered. I have a VBA macro tha
converts 24 time to the format I'm looking for, but it'd be a lo
easier for the people entering data to stick with 12 hour format. Ca
anyone please help me achieve this result? I know next to nothin
about VBA programming, but I'm GREAT at copy-paste! ;)

Thanks for any help you can provide