Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TOM TOM is offline

Default Excel Macro

I created a macro (using recorder) in Excel 2000 that
toggles between two workbooks (histdata.xls and test.xls)
among other things. The macro works fine when I run it
manually but bombs and gives me an error 9 "subscript out
of range" when it reaches the line "Windows
("HISTDATA.xls").Activate" when it runs automatically. I
want the macro to run automatically every time I open the
workbook so I copied the macro to the VB editor in VBA
Projects under "This Workbook" and added Workbook_open()
to run it automatically. Here is the macro:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

Range("B5:J5").Select
Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\HISTDATA.CSV"
Rows("1:1").Select
Selection.Delete Shift:=xlUp
Range("A1").Select
Selection.CurrentRegion.Select
ChDir "C:\"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\HISTDATA.xls",
FileFormat:=xlNormal, _
Password:="", WriteResPassword:="",
ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, _
CreateBackup:=False