Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
R-Enemy R-Enemy is offline

Default Two Questions...

Two questions about things working just fine on my
machine and not another:

1. Setting up a command bar:
I used "Set MyBar = CommandBars.ActiveMenuBar" and this
worked just fine. But, I take it to a different machine
and I have to Dim MyBar As CommandBar to get it to work.
Why is this? I have to Dim all of the CommandBar Buttons
too, rather than just using Set like on my machine. So,
if I Dim everything it works but that's alot of extra
lines of code.

2. Creating a MsgBox:
I have message that I want split into multiple lines so
on my machine I used Chr(13) which is the carrage return,
works just fine. But, the other machine doesn't recognize
Chr and I get an error. How can I get around this or what
file (library) do I need to install on the other machine
to get this to work?
example: MsgBox("Line #1" & Chr(13) & "Line #2")

Thanks.