Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
rstevens5l rstevens5l is offline

Default ADVANCED data strippping

I am currently working with a CNC program. I am trying to extract all
the X Y Z and B position information from it. the data is just lines
of code like so contained in the first column.

G01 Z-106. F1000.
X120.021 Y-144.343 F50.0
G03 X119.179 Y-142.257 I-0.421 J1.043

what i want to do is make 4 columns to the right of the program labeled
X Y Z B. In those columns i want the numbers that are called out by
these letters. for instance the 3 lines of code above would
output....

X Y Z B
-106
120.021 -144.343
119.179 -142.257

If there is no value i would like to leave the cell blank.
If there is a X Y Z or B in the cell I want the number after it
outputted to the cell. the numbers only go to 3 decimal places. I
imagine I would need one formula for each column, one to look for each
letter. I am pretty good in excel but i have no idea where to begin.

Attachment filename: op10.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=430138
---