Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Kevin T. Ryan[_2_] Kevin T. Ryan[_2_] is offline

Default Array Join & Filter funcs

Thanks guys, worked like a charm!!

"Alan Beban" wrote in message
Tom Ogilvy wrote:
a single row will never exceed 256, so no problem with that. A single
column must be less than or equal to 5461 cells for this to work:

This limit doesn't apply in xl2000 SR-1 and, I assume, later. In that
version and earlier (and maybe later, I don't know) the 5461 element
limit on the Index function, which Tom may have been thinking of, still
applies.

Alan Beban

Sub tester9()
Dim varrHoriz
Dim varrVert
On Error Resume Next
varrHoriz = Application.Transpose(Application.Transpose(Range( "A1:F1")))
Debug.Print UBound(varrHoriz, 1)
Debug.Print UBound(varrHoriz, 2)
varrVert = Application.Transpose(Range("A1:A10"))
Debug.Print UBound(varrVert, 1)
Debug.Print UBound(varrVert, 2)

End Sub

This will produce a 1D array for a single row, or single column range