Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Juan Pablo González Juan Pablo González is offline

Default ambiguous name detected

Just press Esc a couple of times (Sometimes it takes more than a couple !),
and rename the control.

Juan Pablo González

"mark" wrote in message
In VB, you can have a control array.

In Excel (last I knew of), you can't.

But, Excel 2000 will let you give two controls the same
name.

However, once you've done that, it won't let you back into
the form (even if you disable macros). It just
says, "Ambigous name detected: ~"

Fortunately, this isn't a particular problem since I
pretty much came across it while testing, and have an
immediate backup copy of it.

But, for my info, is there a way to recover from that if
someone else were to do it and ask me about it?

Thanks.