Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Keith Willshaw Keith Willshaw is offline

Default Introduction to VB and Excel

"Mark" wrote in message
Hi newsgroup

My boss gave me the following assignment. Please make an interface between
GAMS and EXCEL. This interface should have a lot of functionality and be
able to visualise data.

What is the easiest way to accomplish this? I thought of using EXCEL and

VB
to make an application that had the feel of being a standalone program and
use components/objects from EXCEL.

My question to you is: What book should i buy for reference/introduction ?
;-)

You may want to examine the possibility of using the
Excel Spreadsheet component in the .Net environment

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...Components.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...eetcontrol.asp

http://vbnetadvisor.com/doc/13323

http://www.microsoft.com/office/prev...rm/webcomp.asp

Alternatively some useful URLS for the VB/VBA route are

http://support.microsoft.com/default...NoWebContent=1

http://www.codeproject.com/com/excelfeed.asp

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/resources.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/default...h;EN-US;xl2003