Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nikos Yannacopoulos[_5_] Nikos Yannacopoulos[_5_] is offline

Default Reassigning macro to add in function

Tom,

Code in add-ins is not run the same way as "local" (in the same workbook or
in personal.xls) code. The button should be made to run a "local" macro ,
which runs the code in the add-in by means of a call like:
Run MyFunctionName
provided, of course, that the add-in is already loaded.

HTH,
Nikos

"Tom Corcoran" wrote in message
I have a button assigned to a macro that I moved to an add on. To reassign
it in the macro name dropdown I type 'My vba code.xla'!MyFunctionName.
But when I click on the button it says Macro MyFunctionName not found.
When I go back into to edit the macro name it has stripped away the xla
reference and just left the macro name which suggests it has found it.
Anyone know what the problem might be?

Regards, Tom.