Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Introduction to VB and Excel

Mark,

Unless you are a more than reasonably experienced programmer, with a good
understanding of object models and Excel (if not VBA), and depending upon
the timescales, then I would suggest that this is a poisoned assignment. To
learn VBA, Excel, Excel object model, inter-program communication, et al, is
not a trivial task, and will take months to develop to any sensible level of
competency as the limited spec you give suggests is required.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Mark" wrote in message
Hi newsgroup

My boss gave me the following assignment. Please make an interface between
GAMS and EXCEL. This interface should have a lot of functionality and be
able to visualise data.

What is the easiest way to accomplish this? I thought of using EXCEL and

VB
to make an application that had the feel of being a standalone program and
use components/objects from EXCEL.

My question to you is: What book should i buy for reference/introduction ?
;-)

Thank's in advance
Mark