Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Frank Kabel Frank Kabel is offline

Default Remove value after decimal point

Hi Malcolm
try TRUNC. e.g. TRUNC(123.456) will return 123

HTH
Frank

Malcolm wrote:
Hi

I have a workbook with six worksheets. The worksheets contain client
information, including a column called Empl_ID. This is a unique
field that allows us to select information from each worksheet about
specific employees.

However, the six sheets which were sent to us have varying cell
formats. One sheet will show a client Empl_ID as being 11024 and
another will show the client Empl_ID as being 11024.23854562

Needless to say, this produces incorrect information. Can someone
give me a formula to remove the decimal point and any numbers that
were to the right of the decimal point. I will have to run this
formula 6 times - once in each worksheet.

The numbers must be completey removed so the value of the cell is the
number without any decimal value. This is the only way I will be
able to merge data from the six worksheets for specific clients
without getting incorrect data.

Thanks in advance

Malcolm