Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Robin Hammond[_2_] Robin Hammond[_2_] is offline

Default SQL Select statement with Date as

Pepe,

Here's an idea which runs in Enterprise manager in SQL. Not sure how it will
work on a query from Excel, but worth a shot:

"SELECT Insertby, Campaign, Resolution1, Resolution2, Resolution3, Stage,
MonthlyCost, ProspectId, CONVERT(char(4), YEAR(UpdateDate)) + '-' +
CONVERT(char(2), MONTH(UpdateDate)) AS UpdateMnthShrt"

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

"Pepe" wrote in message
m...
I'm pulling data into Excel using a SQL statement in VBA. I'd like to
pull an [updatedate] field and have it formatted in the format yyyy -
mm. I'm not sure how to do this however. I basically have this set
up right now.

Statement = "SELECT Insertby, Campaign, Resolution1, " & _
"Resolution2, Resolution3, Stage, MonthlyCost, " & _
"ProspectId " & _

I'd like to add into this something along the lines of

Format(UpdateDate,"yyyy - mm") AS UpdateMnthShrt

I'm not sure how to set the UpdateDate portion of the statement. Any
help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

Paul