Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Robin Clay[_3_] Robin Clay[_3_] is offline

Default Selecting a printer

Greetings !

I have a button on the toolbar that the user can click on
to print out various parts of the spreadsheet. To start
with, I want the user to select which printer to use. If
she chooses the colour printer, then I want her to have
the option of printing to A3 or A4.

Then I want her to select from eleven different options,
that give various combinations, e.g. Option 7 "prints
all", i.e. three charts and a table.

I have tried
"Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrint).Show"
but that simply prints whatever PrintArea has been
selected, before going on to the option selection
procedure.

"Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrinterSetup).Sho w"

simply gives a list of printers, but doesn't seem to do
much else.

I did have the printer names in the spreadsheet, and the
code collected the list and offered it to the user, but
now "they" have changed the names, and that routine
doesn't work.

Help !

RClay AT haswell DOT com