Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PatFinegan[_12_] PatFinegan[_12_] is offline

Default documented memory leaks in Excel 2003 or OWC11?

I’m sorry I can’t be pin the question down further, but has anyone com
across documented memory leakage problems with any of the following
Excel 2003 multipage user forms, OWC11 chartspace or spreadshee
objects, the window-controlling API functions (FindWindow
GetWindowLong, etc.), or the VBA Extensibility 5.3 reference library?

I have 2 GB validated RAM but am encountering weird memory problems o
a series of admittedly cluttered multipage user forms, containing OWC1
chartspaces, spreadsheets and a couple ActiveX components (e.g.
progress and status bar) from the MS Forms 2.0 object library.

Basically, everything runs smoothly until, without warning, the scree
begins refreshing in patchy, haphazard fashion. If I then execute th
keyboard strokes for File Save, what I discover after reboot is tha
every UserForm originally containing a multipage now contains only th
multipage. In other words, all the controls on the form other than th
multipage are gone. The other forms (and some are much more complex
are intact.

This happens only sporadically. I haven’t been able to isolate
triggering action or series of actions. I’ll probably rebuild the form
in a fresh project to rule out file corruption, but my hunch, sinc
Excel is not really crashing, is that I have a memory leak in my cod
or components. Anyone with a similar experience or a good hunch? Thank
in advance