Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Martin Eckart Martin Eckart is offline

Default Macro: Excel 2000 does not work, XP does...

Hi NG,

I created a Macro which is running succesfully with Office XP/2003. Using
Office 2000 I get the error message: "Runtime Error '438' Object does not
support this property or method)"

I searched msdn for that and I found an article where issues with Excel 2000
in conjunction with the Selection Method are known. (as far as I unsderstood
that correctly there has been an issue regarding the return of a boolean
variable, but I am not too sure if I got that correctly)

I did not find a solution for my problem. I will poste my Code and I hope
someone could tell me what is wrong (I cut the Server data):

Public Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Sheets("Mannschaften").Activate
ActiveSheet.Range("A2:B200").Clear
With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:= _
"URL;http://www......", Destination:=ActiveSheet.Range("A2"))
.Name = "rpcserver........"
.FieldNames = True
.RowNumbers = False
.FillAdjacentFormulas = False
.PreserveFormatting = True
.RefreshOnFileOpen = False
.BackgroundQuery = True
.RefreshStyle = xlInsertDeleteCells
.SavePassword = False
.SaveData = True
.AdjustColumnWidth = True
.RefreshPeriod = 0
.WebSelectionType = xlAllTables
.WebFormatting = xlWebFormattingNone
.WebPreFormattedTextToColumns = True
.WebConsecutiveDelimitersAsOne = True
.WebSingleBlockTextImport = False
.WebDisableDateRecognition = False
.WebDisableRedirections = False
.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False
End With

Dim i As Integer
i = 1

While Sheets("Mannschaften").Cells(i, 1).Value < ""
i = i + 1
Debug.Print i
Wend
Sheets("Mannschaften").Range("a1", "a" & i - 1).Select
ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="Mannschaften", RefersToR1C1:= _
"=Mannschaften!R1C1:R" & i - 1 & "C1"
Sheets("Liste").Activate
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub