Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default determining coordinates for screen placement of user form

Pat,

You might find my FormPositioner code useful. See
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/FormPosition.htm

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"PatFinegan " wrote
in message ...
I set the StartupPosition of a UserForm to manual and wish to

place it,
for example, in the lower right corner of the screen.

I use the API GetSystemMetrics function to return a screen

width and
height, but then have to scale those measures down before

subtracting
the width and height of the UserForm itself (to 60% for my 1400

x 1050
screen and 75% for my 1024 x 768 screen).

In other words, the screen width for UserForm placement

purposes is
only 840 x 630 for a 1400 x 1050 screen and only 768 x 576 for

a 1024 x
768 screen.

Question: Is there a way to determine this "scaling" factor
dynamically, so that the application always places the form

where I
want it, regardless of the user's screen resolution?

I am sure this has been addressed many times, but my searches

came up
empty. Any direction on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in
advance. :)

---