Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Williams Tim Williams is offline

Default Excel Product Id

On my PC it's in the registry. Use the API's to get at the value.
However, I'm not sure how you'd go about getting the last part of the
key path - I would guess it's likely to be different on different PC's
unless they're all from the same image. You might try seeing if you
trace it back up to somewhere else in the registry where the path is
constant.

Tim

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\10.0\ Registration\{902804
09-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}

" wrote in
message ...
Is there a method to obtain the Excel Product Id
displayed by Help? I want to use it to restrict usage of
distributed workbooks.