Gary's Student

How about using find/replace to change all the "/" into "-". Then use Data
Text to columns to separate the text into two pieces?
--
Gary's Student

"Jordan" wrote:

I have a column of account numbers listed as follows:

US1234
6789
1234-12345
ABC/ABC62

What I am trying to do is to take the text and/or numbers before the "-" or
the "/".
I have tried using the find function which will give me the location and
then I can subtract that from the length and use the right fuction.

The problem I'm having is I cant figure out how to have the find function
return the location whether or not it's the - or the /.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jordan