Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Populating a 2-D array

Hotbird,

This is how to do it, courtesy of Dana DeLouis

W=[{7,1,5,6;6,1,5,25;4,1,5,23}]

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Hotbird" wrote in message
I have successfully used the Array statement to initialise a 1-dimensional
array, as follows:

NUMWORD = Array("One", "Two", "Three", "Four", "Five", "Six", "Seven", _
"Eight", "Nine", "Ten", "Eleven", "Twelve", "Thirteen", "Fourteen",

_
"Fifteen", "Sixteen", "Seventeen", "Eighteen", "Nineteen", "Twenty")

But I have been unable to apply the same technique to a 2-dimension array
(12 x 4), and am left having to enter 48 lines of repetive code - as
follows. Is there an easier way?

' FIRST PARAMETER IS FORMATTED WORD 1 - 12
' SECOND PARAMETER IS: length, colour, line, character

W(1, 1) = Len("FASTEST")
W(1, 2) = 1 ' BLACK
W(1, 3) = 5 ' line 5
W(1, 4) = 6 ' char 6