Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Speech.Speak error

Doug,

Try

Application.Speech.Speak _
Application.UserName & "is an excellent programmer", True

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Doug Glancy" wrote in message
I'm working on a Jeopardy game that uses the Speech.Speak

method to read the
questions and answers and a double-click event to move through

worksheets
containing them. I've found that double-clicking too soon

after the Speak
command causes the macro to crash on the next line of code.

Here's a simple example. I've found that with the following

module if I
double-click too soon a second time, the macro crashes. I

tried inserting a
pause loop before the speech command, but that doesn't make a

difference. I
think I understand why that doesn't work, something to do with

keystroke
buffers, if that's the right term.

Private Sub Workbook_SheetBeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Sh As Object,

ByVal Target
As Range, Cancel As Boolean)

Dim pause As Double

Cancel = True
Application.Speech.Speak Application.UserName & "is an

excellent programmer"

End Sub

Any suggestions on how to fix?

Thanks,