Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Shannon Shannon is offline

Default need a function (not macro with ontime) to record a snapshot of a changing cell

Bernie,

Thanks for the reply.

Last night I created a function with an module-level array variable
(500,6). The funtion dumps a new value to the array if the time is
less than or equal to the target snapshot time, else leaves the array
alone. Then the funtion returns whatever is in the array.

This works, but is pretty slow and is taking up all my cpu processing
power. I guess because the array is updating every time one of the
500x6 values changes (about every second), even after the target time
has been passed.

I'm game to try your macro. Please let me know the next step.

Thanks.
Shannon