Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Andrew[_35_] Andrew[_35_] is offline

Default Kind-of extended sumif

Thanks Jerry,

Now I think I am beginning to understand. You can use OR formulas in
single or multiple columns but AND formulas can only be used i
multiple columns, otherwise the answer will be zero, right?

In a single column, an AND formula will try to match all of th
criteria against the value in a cell, and because not all the criteri
will match the same value it will return FALSE? In the case of an O
formula, if one of the criteria is matched the result will be TRUE?

I use both AND and OR formulas but using them in arrays is a new thin
for me.

Changing the subject, I notice that these two formulas seem to give th
same result.

=SUMPRODUCT((B2:B10="abc")*(C2:C10="gizmo")*E2:E10 )

=SUM((B2:B10="abc")*(C2:C10="gizmo")*E2:E10)

Andre