Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default How to fill a sheet in Excel2003 with CSV data?

I don't know much about the Office spreadsheet component, but it might be
easier to pick up you data as an array in a variant and write it out the
same way

Pseudocode follows:

Dim vArr as Variant

vArr = OWC.Range("A1:Z200")

then on the client side

ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Resize(ubound(varr,1),ubou nd(varr,2)).Value = _
vArr

Tom Ogilvy

"tmarko" wrote in message

I use server-side calculations in an OWC(Office spreadsheet component) I
send the resulting data as string (formatted as CSV) to my Client. How
can I fast fill an Excelsheet(2003) with this data passed as string.
Must I loop through the CSV data? When saved as file (.csv) on the
server I can open the .CSV manually on the client fast like opening an
ordinary .xla file. But how do I do it programmatically when the csv
data is in a string on my VBA client? Cannot find the proper properties

tmarko