Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel App "invisible" to user

Kamil,

Yes you can.

Dim xlApp As Object

Set xlApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application")

and then work in VBA as norm al, but referencing all objects via xlApp.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Kamil" wrote in message
Hi

I'm preparing some reports and paste them in Excel file with formatting

etc. All works fine Except it takes a while and if meanwhile User decides to
work in Excel too he opens the same instance of excel which my program uses
to work. This disturbs program work and hangs It. ex. when program creates
report and user exits Excel it shuts down entire application not bothering
my program still uses it.
Can I create separate instance of Excel so staring new excel by user

wouldn't interfere with mine?

Thanks for help