Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ussiddiqui[_8_] Ussiddiqui[_8_] is offline

Default Most Interesting Problem I Had Ever Got.

*ONLY WELL EQUIPED PEOPLE REQUIRED TO SOLVE IT *
MOST INTERESTIN PROBLEM I HAD EVER GOT : I WILL SAY THE PERSO
CHAMPION OF THIS FORUM WHO WILL SOLVE IT , IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS O
QUERIS PLEASE REPLY.

Sanario : i want to convert a text file in to excel sheet , there ar
no dilimiters nothing specified, just this thing is specified tha
there are more spaces between the columns, this sanario is als
rechognized by me, hay listen when i want to judge that i am readin
words , every thing with a single space is considered as a word. isen
it interesting :-)

I had used this technique , here is given steps of construction

a) open the text file
b) read a data line
c) split the data line in an array with space delimiter or DEFAUL
delimiter
now this array will be somthing intersting, words in this array, o
every word in this array will be on consecitive locations , hope yo
understand that, and when we find that there are many locations o
spaces between the filled array locations, i consider that columns ar
started comming, Actually this is approximation ,because my client i
not helping me out. so you people have to help me out.

d) write the data in to the excel sheet columns .
c) Increment the column when you find (number of spaces ) in the arra
, otherwise write the words from the array in to the current row an
the current location.

Hay tell me this thing that is this possible here is a line

Problem area :
col1 col2 col3 col4
a b c d
b c d
a b d
a c d

Q : Now tell me that how you are doing this
A : i pick up this line ( col1 col2 col3 col4 ) and apply an algorighe
on that is based on approximation i had assumed that words containin
space are same words, but when there are lots of spaces between th
columns then it means that these are different columns. ok i read thi
line now the shape of the array will be like thre will be a on firs
loc then spaces , i mean constant spaces, then again b and agai
constant spaces , then again c and constant spaces again and the
again d , there comes a situation where i find some missing column
means as in row number 3 of above data given ,

WINNING QUESTION :
Can any buddy tell me that how can i go to konow that a missin
column below a is detected. , i know its hard for you all , t
understand this problem, any person having easier technique then thi
can be the winner. ( for sure ) , so reply ASAP .

My expected solution : ( but not very good)
i will check that when i will start reading columns, i will chec
that how how many space sequences are there between the columns. an
when i will find that this number has decreased then i will do this
find that where the column is missing ,
is it a first column
is it a second column
is it a third column
And then i will put an extra column in the excel sheet for tha
perticular position .
Please help me out, it is one of some interesting problems that i ha
foun