Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ExcelMonkey[_42_] ExcelMonkey[_42_] is offline

Default Edit Array Funciton

I have an array. I fill it from a range of cells in excel. Once it is
filled with data, I want to change some of the data in a certain column
if certain conditions hold in the rows. I am assuming that a
ArrayColumnEditFuntion is the way to go. The InitialArray may look
like this:

1 2 3 4
1 10 40
2 8 25
3 0 30
4 2 15

Lets say that I want to zero out the 4th column numbers if the given
row value is 0 in column 1. Hence the revised array would look like:

1 2 3 4
1 10 40
2 8 25
3 0 0
4 2 15

The function would look something like:

ArrayColumnEditFunction(InitialArray, editcolumn, "0")

So I would say ArrayColumnEditFunction(InitialArray, 4, "0"). I guess
you coud always multiple column 1 value by column 4 value if the
element in the given row in column 1 was a 0.

Any thoughts on this?

---