Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Frank Kabel Frank Kabel is offline

Default Data Validation

Hi Sandy
you can change the standard error message of data validation in the
dialog. Select the third tab in the dialog and enter your error message

HTH
Frank

Sandy wrote:
Grettings all!
I have been having problems with users using the space bar to clear
the contents. I have used data validation to restrict the value to
whole number only. If possible when the users tries to enter alpha
or space to clear instead of the standard error message comes up I
would like the message to be Sosomething like the value that you have
entered is invalid. Press enter to retry or press cancel to clear
contents. At this point the code would clear the contents. Where do
I start. I have just started learning code and usually just use the
macro recorder, but I cant quite figure out how to do this using the
recorder. Thanks in advance
Sandy