Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DataMan[_6_] DataMan[_6_] is offline

Default Automatic TickLabel and TickMark Spacing

I have a macro that creates a line chart from data trends we pull from
our monitoring systems. Some trends have 5000 data points and some
could have 100 data points. All of this is determined by the user that
pulls the data. The user may want one point an hour, one point a
minute, or one data point ever 10 seconds for the whole day.

My version of Excel (XP) will auto-scale the X axis TickLableSpacing in
the chart. It always scales the TickMarkSpacing to 1. Another persons
computer (Excel 2000) I tried this on did not scale either item and
ploted a Tick Label for for every datapoint in the file. He can change
the scale in the chart after it is built to make it readable. This is a
trial and error method though.

Is there a way in VBA to code the TickLabelSpacing and TickMarkSpacing
to auto-scale based on the number of data points in the source data?

---