Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John Young John Young is offline

Default Deleting Duplicates BUT with a twist

What I am trying to solve is the following.

A | B
---------------------
SOIL NAME LOCATION
JY1 | L
HG | L
AT | B
AT | B
LS | L
PR | S
JY1 | S
JY1 | B
PR | B
Result I am aiming for is:
A | B | C | D | E | F |
LOCATION L B S
SOIL NAME
JY1 YES YES YES
HG YES
AT YES
LS YES
PR YES YES

What I want to be able to do is to remove all duplicate
soil names eg all JY1, so that only one is listed, but
check the information to the right of it & if it is
different add it next to the one that is kept. I suppose
its like a pivot table, but I want to be able to run a
macro to do this.

help needed. I have written code that can automatically
delete duplicates, but I dont know how to do the rest.

Kind regards

John