Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ian Ornstein Ian Ornstein is offline

Default updating range value via knowledbase 278973 fails when cell contains formula

I'm using ADO from Access to update some massive Excel worksheets.
The adodb connection object points to the workbook.
The recordset points to a named range.
I read through the recordset and do a
oRS.Fields(0) = newIntergerValue
oRs.Update.

This technique works well for a few cells and then fails.
The cell it fails on contains a formula something like
=Sum(....

From what I have read this evening, I am suspecting that this is being caused
by different data type in the cell. Am I able to acertain the data type of the
cell by reading it and examining some ADO property? If so then I could adjust
the type of the data I use for the replacement, most likely string.

Suggestions welcome.
Thanks in advance