Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JW[_3_] JW[_3_] is offline

Default Alternative to web query in Excel 97?

I was just wondering if there is a way to bypass creating .iqy files
in performing web queries in Excel 97. I have to download tables from
200+ websites, whose name only differs by 1 number (for example,
www.website.com/1.html, www.website.com/2.html, etc).

As far as I can see, in order to do this I have to create 200+ .iqy
files to be referenced within a macro. I have a VB code that makes
referencing easy, but the problem still lies with creating each single
..iqy file. Is there some way to perform a web query in Excel 97
without referencing these .iqy files? Some VB code that does the same
trick?

Thanks.