Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Doug Glancy Doug Glancy is offline

Default Multiple ComboBoxes and TextBoxes on Userform

Rich,

It seems to me you want a class event, as Harald said in his first response.
Take a look at this link on John Walkenbach's site and see if it helps:

hth,

Doug

"Rich J" wrote in message
I have designed a Userform to make it easier to enter a lot of data on a

spreadsheet. There are over a hundred textboxes and 44 comboboxes. Is
there a way to detect when any combobox or textbox changes and retrieve the
name of only the one that is changed ? I have 44 subroutines - Sub
combobox1_change() to sub combobox44_change(). I've tried Userform_change
to try to retrieve the name but that doesn't detect a change in a combobox.
If I could get that information I could use the number from the name to
calculate what row on the spreadsheet to get or put data and do it with one
routine instead of 44 for the comboboxes. I don't relish writing over a 100
subroutines for the textboxes.
Thanks for any help here and all the pointers I've gotten from other

peoples' questions and the solutions offered.