Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] Stagerobbers@comcast.net is offline

Default GetSaveAsFilename method-How to set the path?

How can I set the path and allow the user to assign a file name and
ensure the file is saved to the path I set?

Thanks,

Dan

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 10:44:10 -0400, "Tom Ogilvy"
wrote:

If fileSaveName < False Then
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs filename:= fileSaveName
End if
ActiveWorkbook.Close SaveChange:=False

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Donna Brooks" wrote in message
This is the code I am using to save a report I am running.

fileSaveName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename
(fileFilter:="Excel Files (*.xls), *.xls")
If fileSaveName < False Then
MsgBox "Save As " & fileSaveName
End If
ActiveWorkbook.Save
ActiveWindow.Close

How do I make it actually save the file as the name I
specify in the Save box? It just saves it as Book 1,2,
etc.

Thanks in Advance,
Donna Brooks